Pages

Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Ask me about Year 2018!

Happy new year 2018!

As usual, I will complete a "Ask me about year (previous)" post so here it is. Before I start, I revisited my previous posts first just to relive some memories and see how much have changed in the past 6 years.

Year 2012 The year of failure and learning how to overcome it
Year 2013 The year of understanding how much grit goes into chasing dreams
Year 2014 The year of independence and understanding mental health
Year 2015 The year of grief and coming to terms with regrets
Year 2016 The year of change and discovering my purpose in life
Year 2017 The year of endurance and understanding how the world works 

As usual, I will skip questions that I don't have answers for.

Ask me about year 2018
The year of changes and travel (lots)

1. What did you do in year 2018 that you'd never done before?

I went for stay-cation with my girlfriends and another occasion with my boyfriend. 

2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?

I kept 2 out of a list of 5 new year resolutions. 
  • House viewing for purchase consideration
  • Read more 
The rest I carried forward to this year 

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?

N/A

4. Did anyone close to you die?

N/A

5. What countries did you visit?

I visited;
Thailand (Bangkok - twice; once with boyfriend and another for business), 
Hong Kong (twice; both times with Tracy and one of it was during Chinese New Year), 
Taiwan (Kaoshiung in January and Taipei in September in which I caught S.H.E live on stage),
Macau (for business to catch the Macau Grand Prix race),
Korea (took a train to Busan for the first time - no zombies on board and spent the remaining days in Seoul),
Netherlands (this was the highlight of the year, we visited almost the entire country to Amsterdam, Rotterdam, The Hague, Volendaam, Gouda, Zaanse Schans, Uthretch, Marken and etc)

6. What would you like to have in 2019 that you lacked in 2018?

The willpower to keep an exercise routine 

7. What dates from 2018 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?

The date of our elections and how we played a part in changing the future
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?

I stepped out of my comfort zone and embarked on another career path 

9. What was your biggest failure?

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?

11. What was the best thing you bought?

Omron blood pressure monitor for my parents. It's good for them to keep track of their health but it also reminds me they are not getting any younger and that, scares me.

12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?

I was inspired by two person this year, Kim - who have so much endurance and wisdom at a young age and Betty - who have so much patience and the willingness to learn and see the good in others no matter the situation.

13. Whose behaviour made you appalled?

An asshole I would like to think have no respect for anyone and only think of himself.

14. Where did most of your money go?

Travel! 

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?

Christmas

16. What song will always remind you of 2018?

Champion

17. Compared to this time last year, are you: (a) happier or sadder? (b) thinner of fatter? (c) richer or poorer?

Happier, fatter, richer.

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?

Saying no

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?

Worrying

20. How did you spend your Christmas?

With my family in Kuching 

21. Did you fall in love in 2018?

Yes, I did again and again since 21st July 2011.

22. What was your favourite TV program?

Let's Shake It and Let's Shake It 2

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? 

24. What was the best book you read?

How not to give a fck by Mark Manson

25. What was your greatest musical discovery?

26. What did you want and get?

27. What did you want and not get?

An opportunity

28. What was your favourite film of this year?

29. What one thing made your year immeasurably more satisfying?

Genuine friendship 

30. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2018?

31. What kept you sane?

"Who" kept me sane is always more accurate. My family, boyfriend & two amazing ladies.

32. Which celebrity/ public figure did you fancy the most?

33. What political issue stirred you the most?

34. Who did you miss?

My beloved late grandmother.

35. Tell us a valuable lesson you learned in 2018.

I learned to be consistent in who we are as a person, and never let negative forces change our values. Furthermore, time is very limited so always ask ourselves, "Is this worth my energy?". Of course, after walking 2 hours in the plains I learned that embarking on a long difficult journey ahead is easier with the right support and when the going gets though we need someone to snap us back into reality and encourage us to move along and not give up. 

Also, no matter where we are, how we are and what we are there will always be someone that dislikes us and that is completely fine, each to their own.

Lastly, never completely trust anyone at work unless you've found true genuine friendship - which is not completely impossible as I have been proven but it is very rare so tread cautiously. Each to their own agenda, it is a rat race - a dog eat dog world after all. 

36. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.

I am invincible, unbreakable
Unstoppable, unshakeable
They knock me down, I get up again
I am the champion
You're gonna know my name
You can't hurt me now
I can't feel the pain
I was made for this, yeah, I was born to win
I am the champion

Happy New Year 2019!

No comments:

Post a Comment