Pages

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

My first year in AIESEC


Hey readers,

Honestly I have not been active in the blogosphere. However, there is something personal I would like to share today. About a year ago, I joined an organization known as AIESEC when I was in Taylor's University doing my Foundation year.

And I spent one year with these amazing people. Look at them, so full of energy!!

It hit me today that one year has come and gone in a blink of an eye while I was in this organization. This was definitely, my first taste of reality when it comes to leadership training. Back in high school, I was in a lot of leadership roles. However, none of it could compare with my first year in AIESEC.



My first year in AIESEC, was a fulfilling one as I was elected to be AIESEC in Taylor's University's Vice-President of Project Management. Being in this leadership role allowed me to fulfill some passion, that at first, I did not know was possible to be fulfilled. I organized two projects with a group of passionated people!

Well, I am a Communication student. Who would have thought Project Management will be my thing when I didn't even sign up for this course in University, right? Things does happen!

Well, it might not sound much but trust me, it was one year of impacting youth about HIV/AIDs, organizing home visits to tutor young children that were filled with potential to be unleashed and also, working and creating a strong bond with people that are simply amazing.

They say there are lots of girls in my department, well, I guess some guys prefer to do something else in AIESEC! =)

Also, there are a lot of little things that I managed to experience while being in AIESEC al though it's not what most people will talk about. However, some of them are rather funny so I guess there is no harm in sharing them here.

When I first join AIESEC, I was very fresh and not exposed to a lot of cultural norms and understanding. Believe it or not, my first time at a mamak stall was after my first gathering with AIESECers. Trust me, you won't believe the amount of gasps they gave me when they found out it was my first time.....and I'm a Malaysian...I know, I know!

Well......there are many more stories to share but.....why waste it all in one setting?

I'll be back *imitating Arnold*

Cheers, with love! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment